Well your probably thinking what is and where is the Margram Discovery Centre Park well I’m going to tell you all about it.
On the 11th – 13th May I went to Margram Discovery centre with a few friends and a few other people that I got to know. This was part of my animal care level 2 course and it was mostly based on biology.
They had a mini farm and lots of walking routes at Margram Discovery Centre we saw them when walking and met varies dogs and their owners. They where polite chatty people and very happy and active dogs.
Why we where away we did varies activities and they where all good fun and we learned some interesting things from doing theses activities.
This is what we did…
– pond dipping
– mud run
– animal behaviour observations, I did mine on ducks
– bat detecting
– we held and looked at some deer antlers and did a lesson them
– we did lots of walking up and down hills
– Mammal Trapping, we made sure the traps where warm with straw and food for all types of species and food they could get fluids from as we set them the night before and checked them the next morning and let them free again.
– we also had magnified jars and we went looking in the grass land and woods looking for bugs and looked at them close up and ticked them off a list. This was so we could learn about them and see the population of Certain species.
– we made and had a bonfire and cooked marsh mellows and chocolate digestive biscuits on fresh stick from a tree. My lecturer made a chocolate biscuit and marsh mallow sandwich it taste so good.
About Margram Discovery Centre
The Margram Discovery centre is in South Wales and it is based amongst walking routes and fields, wild life.
The Centre Is a public attraction and a nice place to go for the day. They also use the Centre for education purposes but they teach you outside and do practical activity lessons which makes it more fun and interesting than being in a class room.
You can go there just for the day or for 1 – 7 days and they have rooms that you can stay in and an on suite bath room if your there for more than 1 day
The Chefs cook the food for breakfast and tea. You make your own wrap , Baguette or bun sandwiches for dinner in the morning and put them in your rooms until dinner.
There is always a member of staff on site 24/7 if you have any questions or issues and if you go as a group you are given instructors for the whole time your there.
All the staff are very helpful and kind. I give it 5 stars
I had an awesome time and highly recommend Margram Discovery Centre